Gas Liquids Engineering Ltd. (GLE) provided EPCM services for Husky Energy to install a new compressor at Husky Energy’s North Blackstone 9-9 Compressor Station.
The new compressor is utilized to reduce wellhead pressure on the 14-35 wellhead to increase well production rates. The compressed gas is directed back into an existing 8” pipeline to the 9-9 Compressor Station facility. Over time gas production will reduce from 8.6 MMSCF/d to approximately 3.3 MMSCF/d.
Project scope included the installation of:
- One (1) two-stage Ariel JGK-2 compressor package equipped with 810 hp Caterpillar 3512TALE natural gas engine c/w local PLC
- One (1) 42” x 5.5’ Stainless Steel 2-Phase Inlet Separator
- ESD Valves for Compressor Inlet, Discharge and Fuel Gas
- Waste Oil Tank c/w Secondary Containment
- Barrel Dock c/w Secondary Containment