Champion – Vermillion Chemical Facility
Gas Liquids Engineering Ltd. (GLE) provided mechanical, civil, and structural design and construction support to expand the tank farm and upgrade the fire protection facilities at a chemical storage plant in Vermillion, Alberta. Project scope included:
- Six (6) 70,000 litre ULC tanks for product storage
- Four stainless steel tanks
- Two carbon steel tanks
- Concrete tank farm berm and liner system designed for future tank farm expansion to twelve (12) tanks
- Catwalk system between tanks. Was designed for future tank farm expansion with catwalks to twelve (12) tank locations.
- Six (6) pumps (100-150 US gpm each) for truck-in/out loading/offloading
- One (1) portable pump for truck-in/out along with dedicated hoses for each chemical to reduce contamination
- Fire water retention pond, fire water pump house, three (3) fire hydrants, and associated piping
- Complete civil work on entire site including site drainage
- After project completion three (3) 20,000 litre ULC tanks were purchased by the client and installed in the future tank farm expansion area. GLE updated P&ID drawings and plot plans to reflect this.