Gas Liquids Engineering Ltd. (GLE) is a Canadian and Global leader in engineering hydrogen, biofuel and renewables projects.
There is a significantly increased global focus on biofuels due to the fact that they can be produced over a short time span from biomass, rather than by the slow natural process involving the formation of fossil fuels, such as oil. These projects require a specialized process and equipment requirements in the design of these systems. Depending on the specific application, these projects are carried out using conventional processes, off-patent processes, and licensed technologies.
Over the past 36 years GLE quickly became a recognized global expert in the handling of Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S). GLE carried out hundreds of these projects globally. Hydrogen (H2) systems share the same metal embrittlement issues and GLE has a thorough understanding of the stringent materials selections, de-ratings, and safety considerations in these difficult process environments.
Renewables projects are also becoming an increased area of focus, as they produce no greenhouse gas emissions from fossils fuels after being built, reduce air polltion, and diversify energy supply sources.
GLE builds on 36 years of experience and expertise and provides engineering, procurement, and construction management services to the following types of projects:
- Hydrogen Production – Steam Methane Reforming (SMR) / Autothermal Reforming (ATR)
- Hydrogen Storage | Engineering Canada’s first Hydrogen Cavern Storage Project
- Hydrogen Pipelines
- Hydrogen Blending Projects | Engineered Canada’s first Hydrogen Blending Project
- Ethanol Production and Processing
- Fuel Grade Ethanol Facility Upgrades to USP Specification
- Acetal, Acetaldehyde, and Fusel Oil Removal from Ethanol
- Diésel renovable derivado de la hidrogenación (HDRD)
- Ethanol Conversion to Diesel and Jet Fuel (ETJ) | Engineered first ETJ project in North America
- Biogas Capture
- Extracción de componentes por destilación
- Biofuels Distillation and Steam Systems
- Terminales y Almacenamiento
- Denaturant Systems
- Wind Power Production
- Solar Power Production