Click HERE for complete list of Acid Gas Injection Projects (PDF format)
SELECTED STUDY AND EVALUATION PROJECTS
Chevron Research and Technology - Tengiz, Kazakhstan
- Design of a high-volume (250 MMSCFD) high-pressure (9000 psia) sour gas (16% H2S, 5% CO2) injection scheme. Generation of methods for estimating physical properties and phase equilibria encountered in the process.
Encana - Deep Panuke, NS
- Preliminary design of an offshore acid gas injection scheme to inject 4.5 MMSCFD of acid gas with an approximate composition of 25% H2S and 75% CO2.
- Study included compressor design (1200 HP), phase equilibrium calculations and water content.
- Scenarios studied included blending the acid gas with condensate prior to injection.
IPE Bolivia SRL - Santa Cruz, Bolivia
- Multiphase pipeline simulation.
- Pipeline simulations to increase gas production from 2 MMSCFD to 16 MMSCFD including five compressor stations and pipeline looping.
Solex Energy Inc. - Edmonton
- Conceptual process design for purification (COS and mercaptans) and fractionation of a 30000 bbl/d condensate stream to yield propane, butane and heavier fractions.