Engineering Great Careers
Gas Liquids Engineering is looking for Senior Procurement Specialist to work in their Procurement Department in their offices in the north east of Calgary.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Senior Procurement Specialist provides support in analyzing, organizing, negotiating and managing the purchasing processes and activities in accordance with company procedures.
- Experience with RFP's RFI's and RFQ's. Ability to identify areas of risk and opportunity.
- Collaborate with the Engineering & Technical Services team to facilitate purchases relating to EPCM projects.
- Proven ability to work with a project management group and EPCM's to define appropriate Statements or Scopes of Work.
- Experience conducting rigorous supply chain performance management activities to ensure vendors and suppliers meet quality standards, and meet or exceed key dates for deliverables.
- Able to identify commodities or services that are part of a project's critical path. Create long –lead sourcing and expediting strategies. Be able to negotiate terms and conditions that mitigate risk to project deliverables.
- Support vendors during the preparation of the technical/commercial proposals.
- Maintain complete confidentiality related to all biding activities and results.
- Evaluate Bids for commercial aspects.
- Oversee and support the expediting process of goods/services to ensure critical delivery times to customers.
- Issue Purchase Orders, completes contract negotiations and enters information into tracking system.
- Ensure all documentation is reviewed, received, properly completed and archived appropriately.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years experience in a Project Buyer or Supply Chain Management role.
- Post-Secondary or equivalent hands-on experience.
- B. Comm. degree in supply Chain Management would be considered an asset but is not a requirement.
- Prior work experience with an EPCM as a project buyer a must.
- Knowledge of supply chain, inventory, production, warehousing, transport and logistics.
- Strong understanding of contractual terms.
- Proficient in Microsoft office.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while maintaining strict attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven interpersonal skills including, but not limited to, the areas of; problem-solving, flexibility, long-term vision, initiative, decision making, communication, negotiating, teamwork and leadership.
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
You may also mail/fax your resume to:
Gas Liquids Engineering Ltd.
#300, 2749 39th Avenue N.E.
Calgary, Alberta T1Y 4T8
Attn: Human Resources
Fax: (403) 291-9730
Gas Liquids Engineering offers a stimulating, fast-paced work environment. We offer competitive remuneration and benefits, along with a dynamic, friendly environment. Parking is always free!
No Phone Calls Please. We thank you for submitting your resume. Only those candidates being considered will be contacted.